“Each person coming through my door has a different and particular problem and set of needs. I use a combination of various therapies, tailored to the specific needs of the individual patient.”
The backbone of my practice – any treatment programme will include Traditional Chinese Acupuncture.
- Acupuncture is based on centuries old principles of energy balance.
- Focussed on the individual, not the illness or symptoms
- Involves stimulation of specific points using fine needles or magnets
- Safe and effective
I am a fully qualified herbalist, with a Postgraduate Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine. I frequently use herbs as a supplement to acupuncture treatments, alongside dietary advice.
- Has been used for centuries
- Has been tested and researched
- Is safe and effective
- Is available in tablet and more traditional loose-herb forms
A good diet is essential for treatment, lasting change and long-term health. Dietary advice is central to Joanna’s healing approach, and every patient is given a detailed eating plan and nutritional advice. Eating plans are always carefully built around the patient’s eating habits, and involves introducing new foods into the existing diet – there is no one fit-all recipe.
- Based on the individual and their particular issues
- Looks at how foods affect person’s body
- Based on traditional principles
- Based on western ideas of food; carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals, macro- and micro-nutrients.
What happens in a typical treatment?
Every treatment involves a detailed patient interview including medical history and any medications currently being taken. I then take the patient’s pulse, examine the tongue, carefully examine any problem/painful areas before actual needling begins, before finally discussing and advising on diet, lifestyle adjustmen, aftercare and so on. All patients receive a basic diet plan and nutritional advice, although a detailed custom eating plan can be researched and produced as an additional service.